Monday, March 12, 2012

Lets get Rolling: Chapter 1

Odin was putting on a red leather shirt of Rheias’, “so... Sorry about earlier.”  He grabbed a pair of pants and awkwardly put them on, having problems fitting them right with his tail.
Rheias looked over at him, “ oh, it’s okay, you don’t remember much of your past or anything huh?”
Odin finally got the pants to fit, “yeah, it all seems... unreal... I know it seems odd but, it feels like i shouldn’t be here... But hey, where can I go?”  He sat down and laid across the foot of the bed.
Rheias sat down as well and looked at Odin, “It’s okay Odin, something happened and you lost your memories... but your scars worry me...”
“Oh yeah, they are odd... it seems like something was after my heart...” Odin turned to Rheias.
Rheias turned towards Odin more and crossed his legs on the bed.  “Yeah but on your back it’s all over...”
Odin glanced through the corner of his eye, “yeah... It doesn’t make a whole lot of sense... Do you think...”
Rheias nodded, “Sure, there is no problem, just. don’t make a big mess. Heh...”
“What’s so funny?” Odin was worried and looking at Rheias. “oh, there’s just one bed...” Odin looked around the room.
Rheias laughed again, “well, yeah... I mean... it isn’t much but... Of course you can stay here, I brought you here, you’re my responsibility”
Odin sat up and scoot closer to Rheias, “Thanks... I know I haven’t done anything but I’m tired still...”
Rheias moved so Odin could lay down fully, “ it’s okay. I think we can make do with this...”
Odin stretched out and looked at Rheias, “thanks, I don’t know how I’m going to repay you... You’re alright splitting the bed?” Odin spoke shakily during the latter half.
Rheias laid down as well and smiled, “it’s no problem for me if you’re not gonna complain.” He touched Odin’s shoulder and Odin shivered, “there’s not a lot of guys in the Great Plains area. Especially guys as intriguing and open as you...”
Odin was sure his face was red, he wasn’t sure how that thought worked.  “Well thanks Rheias, I might not know much but I’ll do my best.”   Odin slowly scooted up to Rheias and drifted off to sleep, holding onto Rheias and his muzzle in Rheias’ fur.
Rheias smiled at Odin and pulled him close, when he noticed Odin was asleep a few tears rolled down his face.  Rheias had felt that he was missing something, but he felt he had found it.  Rheias eventually fell asleep holding Odin close, his muzzle resting on Odin’s head.
Odin slept peacefully, until he started to dream, reacting and getting closer to Rheias.  He was running, he saw he was being led by the guy in front of him; there was rubble of a city all around them.  Odin realized that he was human, everyone he saw was; but, was human what it was called?  Odin did not have time to think about humans, they had stopped running in a crossroad.  Odin looked past the guy in front of him, there was another man; but he had white feathered wings, did humans have wings?  No, Odin decided this man was something more.  He felt a stinging on his back and turned around, there were monsters there, they were rather childlike but still monsters.  He stepped back and into the other human glancing back at him.
“Odin, stay safe and remain alive,” the other human had turned to him, “I’m sorry, I won’t let Michael get you.”  The human punched him in the solar plexus, sending him flying backwards.  Odin saw the world slowly disappear, as if he went backwards through a tunnel, until he was left hovering in the darkness.  He did not know how long he had been in there until he saw a speck of light and it suddenly enveloped him.
Odin’s eyes flew open, he realized he had been crying, Rheias’ fur was soaked from tears.  The dream was slowly fading from his consciousness, but his heart was still racing.  As Odin collected himself he realized that his body was sore all over.
Rheias loosened up when noticed Odin had woken up, “you okay? it must have been some nightmare you had.”  Rheias had woken when Odin started his nightmare, “you were whimpering and shivering a lot, wanna talk about it?”
Odin tried to clear his face, but he just made his fur ruffled all over.  “Well... it all seems to be fading now...” Odin was not sure what really happened himself.  “It’s hard to remember, but there was this guy,” Odin could not find the words to describe a human, “he said something about Michael, who I guess we ran into... He made it seem like Michael was a bad guy... But he had white feathered wings... He didn’t seem that bad...”
Rheias was just as confused about the furless creatures, “that must be some nightmare, don’t worry that can’t actually happen.”  It was unsettling how Odin was unable to remember what seemed like a really vivid dream.
“And it’s gone...” Odin seemed disappointed, “I was just talking about it, but now it just isn’t there...” A dream that vivid should stand out in one’s memory but he just could not find a trace of it.  “I’m okay now, there’s nothing I can do about it...” Odin decided it was better to just forget about the dream, “sorry if I was too much trouble for you.”
Rheias smiled, “it’s okay Odin, it was a nightmare, everyone gets them.”  Rheias stretched and got up, “I really only needed to lay down anyways, so I’m good.”
Odin sat up on the bed, “ugh, I’m sore all over...” Odin tried to stretch but his muscles were unwilling and Odin ended up laying down again.
Rheias laughed, “It’s okay Odin, you can stay here and rest, I have my responsibilities in the village to take care of so I’ll be back later.”  Rheias left the room, making sure to lock the door on the way out so his family wouldn’t snoop.  As he turned around he nearly hit his sister, “Ritas, what do you want?”
“Heard you got a Pet out in the field, so where is it?” She was a head taller than Rheias, her fur more burnt orange than yellow.  As she stared at Rheias her jade eyes shining with interest as her tail flicked back and forth.
Rheias’ ears flicked with irritation, “it’s none of your business, I need to go see Rægis if you don’t mind...” He made his way over to the stairs, “And stay out of my room!”
After rattling the doorknob a few times Ritas decided to follow, it wasn’t everyday Rheias went to the blacksmith.
The forge was blazing and there was a silver wolf working away, his fur spotted with soot.  He had a thick leather apron, and leather pants with his tools attached.  He turned around as Rheias walked up, “well to what do I owe this visit Rheias?”
Rheias’ tail twitched, “oh ha-ha Rægis... I wanted to see about the weapons I found  a few days ago...  Could you reinforce them?”
Rægis’ tail wagged stirring up ash, “oh yeah, those were interesting to work with.  Let me go fetch them.” He went into a storage room and brought out a Katana and a pair of Kama.  “It’s odd, I’ve never seen anything like them... It was a challenge but the blades are good as new, luckily the blades detach making it easier to work on the blades...” He handed the pieces over to Rheias, “bring me anymore that you find... It was fun to work on something new.”
Rheias took the weapons, “sure, thanks for working on them Rægis. See you around.”  Rheias turned to leave and noticed his sister at a vending stall, not really trying to blend in with everyone around her.  “Ugh, she followed me... So annoying...”  Rheias waited for Ritas to get distracted, then took his leave, getting back to his room without being followed by his sister.
Odin had managed to sit up on the bed and stay upright, “oh, you’re back... that wasn’t too long...”  He scooted to the edge of the bed and looked at the katana, “what’s that for?”
Rheias sat the weapons down, “well I found them a few days ago, I had the blacksmith repair them.”
Odin’s ears twitched with anticipation as he got up and walk over to the weapons.  “It doesn’t seem like they fit in...” Odin went to pick up the Kama and flinched as the image of a beheaded female human child flashed through his mind.  He quickly tried to focus on Rheias but the image had burned itself into the back of his mind.  If it was a memory, why would he kill a child?  “It can’t be a memory... I’m not one of those...”
Rheias saw Odin flinch, “Hey,” he rushed over to Odin, “what happened?”
Odin was dazed for a moment before he realized Rheias had a hold of him, “uh, it was nothing...” Odin went over to the bed and laid down, “I’m fine... Really...”
Rheias was skeptical, “that wasn’t nothing... you saw something  didn’t you?” Rheias sat down next to Odin, who was shivering.  “Okay, it was more than just something...”
Odin was trying to calm his body, “it wasn’t anything... it just surprised me is all...”  Odin was being truthful, the image was there but he was shocked at the fact that it appeared so suddenly, not that it showed him holding the bloody Kama.
Rheias pulled Odin closer, “Odin... There was something there... What was it? it Could help you remember more...”
“If so, I don’t think I wanna remember... it was a female furless child... It seemed like I was holding those scythes and she was missing her head... I had her blood on my hands...”  As Odin recalled the image, he seemed to be more worried that he touched blood.
Rheias was taken aback by the calmness that Odin managed to talk in, Rheias would never be that calm if he had seen it.  “Oh... That is bad Odin...”  Rheias hugged Odin tighter, more for his own sake than anything else.
Odin tried to shrug but Rheias prevented it, “it was just an image, not like it was a memory...”  In fact the image was starting to fade from his mind the less he thought of it.
Rheias laid down, still holding onto Odin, “still Odin, it’s not something anyone should think of...” Rheias wondered how Odin could be so calm and cold about that image.
Odin’s tail swished over Rheias, “don’t worry about it, it was just an image... it’s mostly gone now... I doubt I’ll be using those Scythes anyway...” Odin Rolled over and eventually fell asleep.
Rheias shrugged, there was nothing he could do.  He wrapped his tail around Odin’s and cuddled until he fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment